When Should You Keep Your Child Home?
As busy parents it is not always easy to tell when you should keep your child home from school and it’s not always convenient. Below are the guidelines that we use to determine when your child should stay home.
1. If your child has a fever (99.5F or 37.5C or above)
2. If your child has pink eye or an undiagnosed rash
3. If your child has vomited or had diarrhea in the last 48 hours
4. If your child has a cough, runny nose and/or sore throat
5. If your child seems overtired or just not their usual self.
If your child is not well enough to go outside for recess or too tired to participate in class, this is a good indication that they should stay home. Keeping your child at home when they are sick will speed up their recovery and help to keep our school a healthier place. We strongly suggest that you develop a plan for your family, in advance, so that you do not have to scramble / panic when your child needs to come home or stay home.